FOXWORTHY BAPTIST CHURCH is affiliated with the Southern Baptist denomination. Baptists are a people who profess a living faith. Their faith is rooted in Jesus Christ who is "the same yesterday, and today, and forever." The sole authority for faith and practice is the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament. As Baptists, we observe two ordinances: water baptism by immersion and the Lord's Supper (also known as Communion). These ordinances are public expressions of our obedience to the teachings of Jesus Christ. Water baptism, while not essential to salvation, is a symbolic expression of our death and burial to the old sin life and a rebirth to a new life in Christ. The Lord's Supper, reminiscent of Jesus' last supper with His disciples, is a reminder of Christ's broken body on the cross and the blood He shed for the remission of our sins.
WE BELIEVE -the Bible is the inspired Word of God,
-in the Trinity - God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ) and God the Holy Spirit,
-in the deity of Jesus Christ and his virgin birth,
-in the forgiveness of sin through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ,
-that salvation is by grace through faith, and,
-in the imminent return of Jesus Christ.
WE RECEIVE MEMBERS -by baptism, upon a profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
-by transfer from another Southern Baptist church of like faith and order.
-by statement of prior profession of faith and believer's baptism.
Foxworthy Baptist Church is committed to fulfilling its mission to Love God & Love People by creating an environment where visitors are welcomed and where disciples are equipped to live out their faith victoriously, sharing Christ and His promise of salvation with all.
We seek to accomplish that mission by being a place where:
1. Prayer is an active part of the church life.
2. The worship service is personally welcoming, culturally relevant and biblically sound.
3. Our church is visible and active in the community.
4. Families within our church and community are actively nurtured through ministries to children, youth, young adults, parents and couples.
5. Senior adults are valued and integrated into the full spectrum of church life and ministry.
6. Friendship, encouragement and support are available to all members through active group relationships.
7. Structured ministries are in place for believers to grow deeper in their relationships to God and each other.
8. Quality facilities are accessible and well-maintained.